St Clare’s annual fundraiser auction on October 18 was a Western Roundup at the Circle C Ranch. Decorations included bales of hay, a chuck wagon and “saloon”, and dinner tables decorated with antique copper kettles, lanterns and flowers. Adding to the atmosphere was “twangy” western music and the western dress worn by attendees. Featured guests included Not Johnny Cash (AKA Kurt Haller) and guest auctioneer Steve Keyser of Fresno (Diane Granlund’s brother) and his wife, Becky. Dinner included pulled pork, barbecued chicken, potatoes with jalapeno peppers, western beans, coleslaw, bread, and apple pie with ice cream. Beverages were provided at the congenial Circe C saloon. Both silent and live auctions were held with proceeds (still tabulating) going for needed maintenance to the St Clare’s Preschool/Sunday School wing.
Auction chairperson, Karen Creusere, thanked the many people who helped with the auction and made it so much fun, including:
- Food: Dale and Laura Bowman and Marion Pallesen;
- Beverages: Larry Brumm and Drew Melby;
- Donation coordinators: Mary and Dick Gillam and team;
- IT coordinator: Jim Shiffer;
- Publicity: Trish Haller;
- Printing and booklets: Diane Granlund;
- Name tags and reception: Joyce Ault and Judie Totah;
- Tickets and treasurer: Zip Wallace;
- Music: Kurt Haller and Betty Danska;
- Set up and decorations: Ed Maddox, Alan and Julie Casamajor, Jenny Whitehouse
- Clean up and prep for Sunday service: Many helping hands!